The Gardens

Rosa / Roses

Planted 'Blushing Pink' Knockout in 2010 by the front door. I got it at Lowe's. It has a nice delicate, clear color, and it is delightfully, sweetly fragrant.

'Blushing Pink' knockout was just that in 2012 -- a knockout.
5/14/12
5/22/12 
6/5/12

This shows the size and shape of Blushing Pink knockout, sited next to the front door.
5/31/12

I also added  two red carpet roses at the front of the garden under the bedroom window, but despite my expectation they would be low, groundcover plants, they got way too tall, and in 2015 were moved to the back of the driveway garden.
7/2/12 - carpet roses were not low groundcover "carpets" at all. Later moved to back of the driveway garden.

In 2011 I put a red 'Drift' rose in the Birch Garden. This little rose really is a tidy, small bun.
6/8/12

2013  I love the carpet rose single flowers and the delicate scent

2013 Pink Knockout

6/1/13

6/2/13

And the red 'Drift' rose is the littlest, cutest red pop.
6/18/13

6/23/13

The pink Knock Outs are reliably pretty.  I am finding they need some hard pruning to control size, and I need to do a severe cut back in winter.
9/13/15 - 'Blushing Pink' rose is reverting to red!

The tidy little 'Drift' red rose at the front of the Birch Garden was reliably pretty. It stays so little and low to the ground. Winter was tough on it and I had to prune out a lot of dead wood, but it looks okay.
6/12/15

I added two more small red 'Drift' roses to the garden under the bedroom window in 2016.