The Gardens

Lonicera sempervirens / Trumpet Honeysuckle

Well, this was a mistake!

I ordered and paid for a Lonicera retulata 'Kintzley's Ghost' from High Country Gardens. I planted it on the garage wall in the front garden in fall of 2012. In 2013 I watched it grow and this is what developed:
8/4/13

By mid summer it was evident that this was actually a trumpet honeysuckle. It's nice enough, and I like it, but not in this spot. So I dug it up, but didn't know where to put it.
8/4/13

It wound up in a white pot by the deck stairs, next to the cedar storage shed, hopefully to climb the railing and look something like this:
inspiration from this photo at Stately Kitsch
although this one is planted in the ground by the stairs and not growing in a container

I don't know what cultivar my mis-marked honeysuckle is, I'm hoping it is 'Major Wheeler', which is a common red variety and looks a lot like the blooms on mine.

In 2014 this honeysuckle did not do much in its white pot by the deck stairs. It was there, and a vining tendril grew, but no flowers, and the vine remained about two feet long. Will it always sulk being in a pot? Wrong place for it?
5/21/14

In 2015 I gave it to Gail and she planted it at the side of their deck and pool structure. And so far so good, it is doing well.
7/1/15 at Gail's